KEYS:

⚣♡+: Some graphic erotica. ⚣♡++: Heavy graphic erotica.
⚣✟♡: No erotica; romantic and religious themes. ⚣✟♡+: Some graphic erotica; romantic and religious themes.
Black Cat Revolution

I: Totally A(ndrei)sexual & Other feelings ♂♂

The Locust Tree
Other Stories

♂ Welcome to Kaamari Writes Boylove! ♂

Use the links above to navigate easily!

Tuesday 19 November 2019

The MaNa (Theo)ry & Other Addictions - Chapter Nineteen: in which the Russian doll loses his shell

Warning: 18+ readers only; this blog is dark and full of terrors!
(TRIGGER WARNING: description of sexual assault.
Strong & suggestive language)



ANDREI

   I wanted everyone to hurt. I wanted them to feel how I always felt; pushed out, rejected, and betrayed.
   Marius kicked me out two weeks before Dora came home. He didn't care where I went or what I was doing. He just wanted me gone.
   He'd found the weed and random pills I'd collected since I'd moved back to his house, along with a near-empty bottle of cheap whiskey, all hidden down the back of my bed. There wasn't a lot left as I'd already smoked and ingested most of it months before, but that didn't matter to him. His wholly unreasonable house rules meant more to him than my plummeting mental health.
   "What happened to you, Andrei?" he'd asked, looking just as hurt as angry. Petra had cried, said I wasn't the boy who she'd taken care of. Marius pleaded with me for an answer, asking if I was trying to hurt myself, or just rot my insides.
   The whiskey wasn't the best partner of citalopram, but at least it helped me sleep at night, made the nightmares less frequent. I tried to tell him that, tell him I needed to go back to the doctor, that I needed help. I needed to sleep.
   "I'm trying to help you, I really am. But you're not helping yourself." There was so much agony on Marius's face.
   "Is that what you call helping? Fucking me when I needed it?"
   I knew I'd gone too far, and for the first time ever, I saw tears and shame in Marius's eyes. Petra looked like she would throw up as she looked towards him, shaking her head.
   "No... no..."
   I didn't stop there. I should have, but I didn't.
   "Didn't you know that Marius took my virginity? When I was sixteen?"
   He looked at me, the droplets now wet lines on his cheeks, his words cutting my soul in half like they were shards of glass. "You were no virgin when I met you."
   Petra was staring at him in disbelief. "He was just a... a child..."
   She walked straight out of the house, slamming countless doors behind her as she went, and Marius and I sat in the dead silence of the left-wing living room. I didn't realise it would be the last time I'd ever sit on that sofa.
   His voice was quiet and dark and terrifying. "Get out."
   "I'm sorry..."
   "I don't want you here anymore. I don't want this monster that you've become anywhere near my home."
   "Marius, please... I didn't mean what I said."
   But there are some things you just can't take back.

   But if all that hadn't happened, I wouldn't be here now. Lying in what might be a puddle of my own blood, struggling to breathe, fighting to keep my brain conscious long enough for someone to find me, finally getting what I deserve. I wasted my last stretch of phone battery trying to call Dora, but of course, it didn't go through. And now the wall in front of me is fading, and I don't think I can't keep on breathing much longer.
   I hear a voice. "Andrei?"
   There are hands on my shoulders, trying to roll me onto my back. Shooting pain in my side. I see a panicked face that I somehow recognise in the split second before everything disappears.

   You took me to the hospital. You. I don't even know you, not really. Only in passing. We'd only spoken for the first time an hour ago... before I ended up in a shop doorway in the middle of the night, bleeding from a hole in my stomach that isn't supposed to be there.
   I'd been staying at Oscar's older brother's place: a relatively seedy converted basement flat only one tube stop away from Camden. What made it even more wretched was the inhabitant.
   Jamie seemed okay in the beginning. The fact he was even letting me stay, as a favour to his brother, gave me the impression he was a decent person. But I guess that was before my new roomie realised what I was best known for, and how I knew his brother in the first place. Or maybe he did know, and that's why he offered to let me stay.
   The first couple of weeks were okay. I would clean up after myself and would spend as much time out of the flat as possible, so I wasn't crowding the place. I'd been trying not to drink, but the night I came back after Dora's arrival, I was in no mind to stop. So Jamie and I had a few drinks together. I shouldn't have done it because my new medication didn't mix well with more than a couple of drinks, and I was suddenly much drunker than I would've been back when Dora and I used to get wasted and stumble home together. I found myself unable to move from the couch.
   I guess I was spoiled. I'd put trust in strangers many times before, and not once had I lost control. Not once had I felt scared or helplessly numb. But as Jamie came towards me, ignoring my slurred rejection, I realised... this was bound to happen. I couldn't go my whole life like I had and got away with it. No. I could hear his voice. "We both want this to happen, so just relax..."
   As I lay limp with my cheek pressed against the arm of the couch, his hand against the back of my head, fingers gripping tightly at my hair, I realised that it wasn't the first time this was happening to me. This wasn't the first time.
   Years ago, that was why I had raided everyone's piggy banks at the children's home and pocketed just enough to get the bus from Voronezh to Kyiv, taking my backpack full of what little possessions I had. That's how Marius had found me. I was begging. I was offering this - this - in exchange for money. Because it was the only thing I knew how to do. It was what I'd been made to do, by that awful man... the one who'd called himself Father.
   I cried for a long time after Jamie had had enough and gone to his bedroom.  Would he remember? I thought to myself. Was he just too drunk to realise?  He couldn't have been. I'd barely seen him drink one beer.
   I accepted my fate after that night. I was no longer in control of my own body because it didn't belong to me now. It was his. If I tried to fight him, I'd only end up with bruises, and so I stopped fighting. I took my pills with vodka or whisky, or whatever was left in my cup from the night before. It made it more bearable. It made my other actions less terrible and repulsive. I could suffer seeing Dora move on without me. All the therapy I'd had was for nothing, really. And why take the pills? They weren't helping anyway, not really. They weren't making Jamie stop. So I quit taking them.
   Jamie told me he'd be having a party. It happened to be the night Fox was celebrating Dora's first year working at the bar, so I was relieved to have a Get Out of Rape Free card. I hadn't intended on causing any trouble. But seeing Dora and how he was looking at Ren, knowing something was brewing between them... if my insides weren't rotten before, they were now. Something about the way they sheepishly avoided interacting with each other, even though I'd caught them practically shagging a few weeks earlier, made me unreasonably jealous. I guess I'd figured that now I was free from Marius, Dora would be waiting for me. I was counting on him to make me feel alive again. I thought if I could prove to him that Ren was... well, just like me, or like I used to be, I could make him love me again. There was still something there, a glimmer of tension that I'd hoped he felt too.
   But I wasn't me anymore. Maybe if I hadn't been so aggressive, despicable and just plain abhorrent, it might have turned things around. Alas, the new and damaged me was just that.  Despicable.
   I had ruined things forever. I knew there was no way in hell I could undo it this time. I'd disregarded the only promise I'd ever made to myself. I'd broken Dora. And I did it using his feelings for someone else, not for me.
   So, I ended up at Jamie's party anyway. I'm not sure if what you decided to do changed the threads of time or whether the night would've ended the same way regardless.
   I barely recognised anyone there. Oscar had turned up with some of his college friends, none of whom I knew by name.
   And then you walked in. I knew who you were, but I couldn't remember which one you were. I couldn't remember if you were Maki's brother or not because neither of you looked Asian enough to be related to him. Regardless, it was nice to see a somewhat friendly face.
   I drank a lot. I found myself drinking straight from a bottle of Absolut, rarely flinching at the burn in my throat. I'd scarcely eaten all day or all week, so I knew I'd regret it in the morning. But I didn't care. That was a problem for Future Andrei.
   In my haze, I staggered into Jamie's room to lie down. I hated this room because it was where he'd always take me. But at this moment, I just needed to sleep. I blinked a few times and felt myself fading out.
   I was shaken awake by the activity of hands at my waist. Jamie was closing the door, and another boy - one I didn't recognise - was fiddling with my jeans.
   "Hey, who..." I mumbled, trying to pull away.
   Jamie shushed me as his friend continued to unbutton me. "Isn't this what you got up to in school?"
   I could feel the tension build up inside as the panic set in. "I don't want -"
   "Shhh, it'll be fun," Jamie whispered, putting his finger up to my lips. 
   "Please, not now," I begged him. But I could see him lose his patience.
   "You'll do what I fucking want, you fag." He pushed a hand against my mouth and pushed me back down.
   I could hear his friend mumble. "I thought you said he'd be up for it."
   "He is, he's just a cock tease."
   Someone knocked on the door. "Hey! What are you doing in there?"
   Jamie laughed. "Sorry, this is a private party."
   I don't know what came over me. The fear in my chest bubbled over, and I felt it push out a whimper. "Help -!"
   Then the hand over my mouth again. "Do I need to fucking gag you?"
   The room filled with light suddenly, and you were standing in the doorway.
    "What the fuck are you doing?" You yelled, rushing toward the bed. The boy I didn't know darted up to push you back out, but you were taller, and you had no trouble throwing a punch hard at his face. Jamie stood and backed away.
   "If you want him, you can take him!" He laughed. "He's a little bitch anyway."
   I hurriedly pulled my jeans back up, tears soaking my face. You helped me from the bed. I could feel myself shaking, still drunk and stumbling. You lead me out of the room and then out of the flat and on to the street.
   "Where are you staying? I'll take you home."
   I shook my head, pointing back at the flat. "There."
   You looked at me in disbelief. "Shit... you can stay with me then." You pulled a packet of tissues from your pocket and handed it to me. "It's Andrei, right? Are you okay?"
   "Yeah... and no, not really." I laughed a little, through my crying gulps for air. "Which one are you? I'm sorry, I just..."
   "Amber. I'm Amber."
   "Right... I never knew you were American before." 
   You chuckled. "Well, I've always been American..."
   I stared at you, scratching my head through matted hair. "Right... yeah, sorry."
   "I thought you stayed in Chelsea?"
   I shook my head and told you why didn't anymore, that I'd been kicked out and moved into The Hell Motel because I had nowhere else to go. I told you that what he saw tonight hadn't been the first time.
   We walked towards the central part of town, in search of a taxi rank. We ended up just across from Black Cat when we finally found a taxi that was still on duty.
   "Wait..." I said, staring across the road, the pub closed for the night but still lit up. I could see several bodies moving around through the frosted glass windows. Anger suddenly burned inside of me. Of course. While I'm off having the worst time of my life, they're all enjoying each other's company, none of them suffering any consequences for the shitty things they've done. Yet here I am, suffering enough for everyone.
   "I need to... do something."
   "Should I wait?"
   "No... just go without me. Text me your address."
   I walked mindlessly across the road, hearing only faintly your words of concern.
   I wish I'd never gone. I wish I'd just got into the taxi with you. Safety. That's what I needed. Not to seek revenge. Why did I think I needed that so badly? How had I not realised by now that I didn't deserve it?
   I regretted telling you to go. I was in no fit state to find my own way to your house. It wasn't even that far. I think the taxi was going to be for my benefit.
   I ended up on some street I didn't recognise. The data on my phone ran out, so I had to use my terrible memory. I tried to text you, telling you where I was so you could come to find me. I waited for what felt like hours.
   It took me until I was being dragged into a doorway to realise someone else had found me first.
   "Your guard dog not here, fag?" Jamie growled pinning me into the corner. 
   I was about to knee him in the crotch. I'd finally found courage in my haze of self-hatred, enough to fight back.
   But then I saw something in Jamie's hand, reflecting light from a street lamp. My courage dissipated. 
   "You made me look like a fucking idiot," he muttered, spitting at me.
   I was tired of being weak, sick of being a doormat. But even though I knew I should hold my tongue, I didn't. A tiny piece of myself was finally surfacing.
   "I didn't exactly have to try very hard, did I?"
   A mistake.
   I don't think he'd intended on actually using the knife when he took it out to find me. I think he just wanted to scare me. But I didn't act scared enough. It was the wrong moment to show bravery. 
   The pain was enough to make me sick. As my body hit the ground, crippling under the agony, I could feel blood soaking into my clothes. With my last bout of energy, I grabbed my phone and dialled Dora's number. But he didn't pick up.


   I don't really remember the trip to the hospital with Amber. We took a taxi instead of waiting for an ambulance, but anything after that is a blur.
   When I open my eyes, everything is icy and busy. My throat is burning, and my stomach is in agony. I look around, and I'm surprised to see Dora, asleep on the chair in the corner, curled up with his knees at his chin. I swallow what feels like a golf ball-sized lump in my throat.
   Suddenly, I'm sobbing. Memories of what I've done to my friends come flooding back and I can't hold it in. I hear Dora's posh little voice.
   "What the fuck are you crying for?"
   He doesn't move, only glares at me from his chair.
   "What is wrong with me?" I wail uncontrollably. I sort of hate myself for this. Not only is it incredibly embarrassing, but my stomach hurts with every inhale.
   "Fucking plenty."
   "What happened?" I stammer. "I mean, I know what happened but..."
   Dora finally stands and walks over to the bed slowly before sitting on the edge of the bed.
   "Well, you got stabbed, and then you got your stomach pumped."
   "They pumped my stomach?!" I gawk at him. "After I was stabbed?! Really!"
   Dora rolls his eyes. "Andrei, you were wasted and awake. How do you not remember?"
   "I could have died."
   He laughs. "I don't even think the knife went in deep enough. It was barely even a pinprick." He shakes his head. "I think you only got like five stitches..."
   There's a short moment of silence while Dora looks ahead of him, away from me.
   "You did a really shitty thing."
   I wipe my hand over my face. "I know."
   "But... Amber told us what... what's been going on." Dora finally looks at me. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"
   "Would you have helped me?"
   His face crumbles like it had done many times in front of me, always because of me. "Of course. You're a horrible person, and I fucking hate you for what you did to me, but..."
   "Dora, I'm so sorry -"
   "I still fucking care about you and your safety." He fidgets nervously. "I don't want something like that to happen to you again."
   There's a brief knock on the door before it opens to reveal Amber and Nana, both looking oddly sheepish. I barely recognise the latter, with his tracksuit bottoms and no eyeliner. If it weren't for his pink hair, he'd look almost normal.
   "Hey, um..." he says awkwardly. "The nurse needs to do a few tests."
   Dora looks at me briefly before hopping off the bed and following Nana out.
   "I'll be in the waiting room," Amber whispers, and he closes the door behind him.



DORA

   After Number One fled the pub in a huff, I left Panda with Ren to check on Fox.
   As I pushed the door open, I could hear Nana's muffled tones. She's going to kill me, is all I could think.
   "Fox..." I said, quietly, stepping closer to the sofa. Maki was sitting on the coffee table and Nana next to Fox on the couch.
   "Oh, hi," she said slowly. She had a cup of coffee in her hands, her legs crossed under her. "Come sit with us."
   I shuffled over and parked myself next to Maki on the table. I didn't think I'd ever spoken to him before, but he'd learned more about me that night than most people did when they first met me.
   "Are you okay?" I looked at Fox's sad face. "I'm... I'm sorry."
   Sensing the awkwardness, Maki and Nana both stood up to excuse themselves giving Fox a quiet goodbye, Nana telling me he'd see me at home.
   "Dora, I'm fine," she said, smiling slightly, obviously attempting to hide her disappointment. "I just... feel a bit discouraged. Honestly, I'm not even shocked at this point."
   "What do you mean?"
   "Oh, come on. Any time I meet a guy, he turns out to like guys. Or at least, he ends up dating a guy. I liked Ichiro, and then I saw him kissing Panda -"
   "You knew too?!" I cried at her. "I really was the last to know."
   "I tried to tell you! When you called in sick after Ichiro and Nana's birthday. Don't you remember?"
   I tried to think back to that day, but I was too focussed on Andrei at the time. Maybe if I'd taken a second to listen to what Fox was trying to tell me, I wouldn't have been left to find out so last minute.
   I shook my head. "It doesn't really matter now. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought something like this would. Even finding out you liked Ichiro too doesn't seem to irritate me."
   Fox laughed, shaking her head. "I doubt that Panda and I were the only ones." She looked into her coffee. "But I thought I had a chance with Ren, you know? After hearing all those stories, not one guy mentioned in any of them..."
   She must have seen my guilt-ridden expression because she immediately put a hand on my knee.
   "Seriously, Dora. I'm fine."
   "I wish I could say that I didn't like him," I suddenly blurted. I could feel myself blushing, and I hoped Fox didn't notice.
   "I'm happy for you, though. After everything that happened with Andrei..."
   I let out a laugh. "Oh, Foxy. You don't even know the half of it."
   She smiled widely back at me. "Seriously, you've changed so much since last summer."
   After making sure Fox was alright, I headed back through. I wanted to drag Ren home with me, but I knew Nana would be there.
   Panda stood from his chair. "I think I'll stay here with Fox tonight. I can't believe what an absolute doozy tonight has been..."
   He let us out, locking the door behind him, and I decided to follow Ren home. He didn't seem to mind very much.
   "Was she okay?"
   "You obviously think highly of yourself," I commented, deadpan, Ren nudging me playfully.
   "Hey, I can't help that everyone just falls at my feet..."
   I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. "To answer your question, Fox's fine. She's feeling a bit hopeless because every time she likes a guy, he also likes a guy."
   We weren't far from the hotel, and it wasn't long before he was pulling me into his bed and tearing my clothes off. Even after the absolute mindfuck of an evening, I still couldn't help myself from desiring every inch of Ren's body. In fact, it seemed to make me more eager for it. I still wasn't used to feeling like this; feeling the urge to pull off someone's clothes and kiss their hot skin and put my mouth on their appendages. This time was different from the first time, with me on my knees and his hands on my hips, my fingers gripping the pillow beneath me. I'd really hoped the room was soundproof with how much noise I was making.  
     By the time we finally collapse, me flat on my stomach and Ren draped over me, it's about three a.m, and we eventually give in to sleep, but it isn't long before I'm awakened by my phone vibrating.
   "Nana, why are you calling me so early?" I mumble, sleepily, feeling exhausted from my late-night activities.
   "It... it's Andrei."
   My first response is to roll my eyes and ask "What about Andrei", but then I think about how early it is and why Nana would be the one calling.
   "He's... he's been attacked."
   My heart thumps suddenly and loudly in my chest, and I'm shaking Ren awake as Nana tries to explain what had happened, but I'm already pulling my shoes on.
   Ren and I pile into a taxi and make our way to the hospital to find him, even though I'd promised myself I wouldn't talk to him ever again. I hate myself for still caring about him, even after all the shit he's put me through over the past few months, but nothing is going to stop me from seeing him right now, not even after everything last night.
   When we get to the hospital and find the ward he's on, I'm greeted by Nana and some American guy who I don't know, but I recognise.
   "Dora, this is Amber. He... he was the one who found Andrei and brought him here."
   I shake his hand unsteadily. "What happened?" I ask him, my voice shaking.
   "He's been staying with this guy I know from Uni, Jamie Cosgrove... But... I think something really horrible has been going down over there. So I offered Andrei to stay with me." Amber takes a deep and trembling breath. "When we went to get a taxi, Andrei said there was something he had to do at the bar, so he told me he'd meet me at my flat. But about forty minutes later, he sent me a text telling me where he was, and it was a few blocks away, and I had to run to get to him. I shouldn't have left him in the first place... he was so drunk and upset, but he insisted. When I did eventually find him, he was..."
   I feel weak. "What do you mean by something horrible?"
   Amber looks at me with worry in his eyes. "I walked in on Jamie and another guy trying to... trying to rape him."
   I can tell by Nana's pale and almost green complexion that this isn't the first telling he's heard. I immediately feel my legs give out underneath me as I sit down hard on the waiting bench.
   "I think it's been going on for a while. Andrei said he got kicked out of his place in Chelsea weeks ago and he's been at Jamie's ever since. What I saw... it wasn't the first time that was happening."
   "Weeks ago?" I repeat, almost in a trance as Ren sits down next to me.  Is that why he's... he's been so...
   Nana slides in on the other side of me, putting his arm around me. "They've stitched him up and pumped his stomach so he should be okay now..." he says, obviously shaken but still trying to calm me down. "You can probably go sit with him for a bit if you want?"
   He finds a nurse for me, who lets me into Andrei's room. He's out cold, his face so much paler than usual, dark circles around his eyes, and a bruise on his cheek. I feel sick just looking at him like this, knowing I probably could've done something if only he'd told me what was going on. I sit down on a corner chair and pull my knees up to my chin just before the tears came. I can't help but sob quietly in the corner as I think of what could've been my last words to him. I can't believe everything I said to him earlier... I don't even want to think about what he must've gone through, staying in that awful place, with no friends to turn to, and me telling him that he's garbage.
   I hate him a little less.
   When I awaken not long later - when did I even fall asleep? - his eyes are open and crying, and he tells me how sorry he is. And I have to forgive him. I'm not sure if he knows, but I do. I can't even look at him, so small and pale and in pain on the hospital bed.



ANDREI

  I don't stay in the hospital for long. They release me the next day after they're sure I'm sober and I'm not a danger to myself.  Because what happened was totally my own fault...
  Amber picks me up in the morning and greets me with a big smile. I already feel embarrassed.  
  "This is really nice of you to do all this, but you don't -"
  "Andrei, I'm not letting you go back to that flat. I know we don't really know each other, but I'd be a really shit person if I let you do that." He leads me to his car, and as we both get in, I see my duffle bag in the back seat.
  "What's that doing here?"
  "I went back to Jamie's to get your stuff. I also threatened to kill him if he ever came near you again..." I see Amber smirk as he reverses out of the parking lot. "And I stole his X-Box."
  I stare down at my lap, my stomach still stinging. "Why are you doing all this for me?"
  Without taking his eyes off the road, he turns his face a little toward me. "Maki told me how you were in care for a long time and... and I know how much of that can stay with you."
  I don't say anything else until we reach his flat. If I did, I would've burst into tears again, and to be honest, no one really needs to see that again.
  Once we're inside and Amber's shown me to his spare room, he makes us some tea. There's no extra duvet or sheets, so he gives me a sleeping bag.
  "Don't you already have a flatmate? How have you been affording a two-bedroom flat?" I ask him as we sip on our tea.
  Amber looks down at his cup, a shy and demure look in his eyes. "I own this flat. Sort of."  
  I squint at him. "How? You're like... twenty? And this is London."
  He sighs heavily. "It was a gift. From Maki's parents."
  My mouth hangs open. "Seriously? Are you joking?"
  Amber laughs at me, placing his cup on the table. The flat is charming; not too fancy but definitely nothing like Jamie's flat, with high ceilings and decorative cornice moulding. The furnishings are obviously expensive, and the decor is surprisingly stylish.
  "Well, they were renting it out, but then when I dropped out of Uni, I kind of had nowhere to live so they just... gave it to me." Amber smiles, uncomfortably, almost wincing. "I kind of hate not paying them anything, but whenever I try, they just... buy me something with it."
  I have to laugh. Mostly because I can't believe I know someone who's parents are that generous. "You lucked out, huh."
  Amber runs a hand through his dark hair. "Yeah... to be honest, they're basically my family, and I still feel terrible."
  We finish our tea, and Amber suggests I make myself a bit more comfortable. I unpack what little I have and go for a shower. It's unsurprising how comforting the water is to me, running through my hair and over my cold skin. I feel like I'm washing the past twenty-four hours off me. But I know I can't possibly do that. I'll need to do something much more drastic for that.
  Once I'm done showering and replacing the bandage over my stitches, I head back to my bedroom to get dressed in somewhat clean clothes - well, something that isn't covered in my blood - and I notice that Amber has disappeared. I lie down on top of the sleeping bag, suddenly feeling exhausted from all my different emotions. It dawns on me that I've not really been totally sober in weeks, nor have I really slept that much other than my anaesthesia-induced nap at the hospital. I haven't actually correctly functioned for a long time either. As I toy with the idea of getting up and making some coffee to try and stay awake, the drowsiness is too much for me, and I drift off.
  I awaken when I feel someone placing something over me.
  "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Amber is pulling a duvet over me.  
  "Did you go shopping?" I ask him, squinting.
  I glance at the bag by the large door, with a pillow sticking out.
  "You needed a proper comforter and stuff, so I thought I better go pick something up for you."
  I sit up. "What time is it? It's not too late, is it?" I look around, the room still illuminated from the sun shining through the window.
  "No, it's only two." Amber smiles. "Are you hungry?"
  I nod a little. "I guess so. I'm not... sure when I last ate."
  "I think they tried to feed you at the hospital."
  I shake my head. "Yeah, but... I didn't eat it. It looked horrible."
  Amber laughs at me, as he pulls his phone out of his pocket, asking me what kind of pizza I'll have.

  It's after six when there's a knock on the front door. I hear voices in the hall, and after a few seconds, Amber is poking his head around the living room door.
  "You have some visitors..." he says cagily.
  I stand as soon as I see Fox's face, Nana sliding in behind her. She immediately sprints over to me and hugs me.
  "Ah, not too tight..." I say, wincing. She takes a step back and stares at me. "Fox, I'm sorry -"
  "It's forgotten." She runs her hands over my hair. "Nana... told me what's been going on. I called Marius and -"
  "Fox, why!" My head falls back as I pull away from her. "There's a reason why he kicked me out. And I don't want to see him."
  She shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I just... I thought he should know you were in the hospital. He dropped some more of your stuff off to me, so we brought it over."
  I nod, looking over to Nana who's holding a large suitcase and my easel. "Ah. I see."
  "Can I put these in your room for you?" Nana asks quietly as if any loud noises might upset or shatter me. He looks more like himself now, with his hair styled and liner decorating his eyes. "I don't want you lifting anything heavy."
  I tell him to just leave them. And then I look at him.
  "Nana, I'm really sorry about what I did last night."  
  He kind of glares at me. "So you should be. Ichiro won't even talk to Dora or Ren, and Panda keeps looking at me like I'm some sort of pervert."
  "I'll fix it. I promise." It's a bit of an empty promise, as I can't even imagine how I'll fix things between Ichi and Dora. Their relationship is hard enough to deal with as it is. And it's not as if either will listen to me now.
  "Look, no one is gonna be mad forever. There's just... a lot of damage control that needs to be done." Nana steps a bit closer to me. "But... now we know what's been going on -"
  "Nana, please. I don't want to talk about it."
  "I'm not going to, but I'm just saying. You hurt literally everyone in that room last night, except for Maki. But... we hurt you too." He smirks a little. "Speaking of Maki. You keep your hands off, right?"
  I close my eyes slowly. "I never intended on touching Maki. Don't worry. He's all yours."
  Fox's eyes grow wide as she glances at Nana. "Did you finally..?"
  He blushes. "Did I finally what?"
  She locks eyes with me, nudging me a little. "I think he did..."
  She giggles a little, as I smile at them both; Nana looking uncomfortable, his pink cheeks matching his hair, and Fox's smile brightening up the room.
  They decide to stay around for a little while, so Amber joins us with tea.
  Maybe things will be okay, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment